Lunasa's Imperfect Touhou Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bigger, better, open to all Touhou roleplayers -- it's not perfect, but it's our Touhou forum. Join, introduce yourself, and start a RP -- Gensokyo's waiting. :)

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What happened to TouhouBook?

Go down 
+14
Kazami Shintaro
Conqueror Invictus
Parcheese
Karatekid1717
Sanae.Kochiya
Lunasa Prismriver
Momo Inubashiri
Tenshi_Hinanawi
Jade
Aya_Shameimaru
Medi Fujiwara-Melancholy
Geo Shota
Reisen Kuroneko
Suika Ibara
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Lunasa Prismriver
Sweet
Lunasa Prismriver

What happened to TouhouBook? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What happened to TouhouBook?   What happened to TouhouBook? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 9:51 pm

Suika Ibara wrote:
We could always just go by the idea of "one is not enough". We could make accounts on tons of different sites. Although that will completely kill most of our real life lives, I'm sure. xD
How the hell would we stay active, then?

Geo Stelar wrote:
My other suggestion is try a chan site someone I know has and maintains along with a friend 24/7.

Thing is: Their xat site is +18

Lunasa saw it the other day and didn't like it because of how people are OOC. So yeah. Like I said, I can put a large description when the appropiate place to do so is created.

Oh god no.
Back to top Go down
https://wolverine7718.aforumfree.com
Suika Ibara

Suika Ibara

PostSubject: Re: What happened to TouhouBook?   What happened to TouhouBook? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 9:53 pm

[quote="Lunasa Moriya"]
Suika Ibara wrote:
We could always just go by the idea of "one is not enough". We could make accounts on tons of different sites. Although that will completely kill most of our real life lives, I'm sure. xD

My destroying our real life social lives (For the people who who have them that is) To be on all the sites at once.
Back to top Go down
http://Suikasen.Deviantart.com/
Aya_Shameimaru

Aya_Shameimaru

PostSubject: Re: What happened to TouhouBook?   What happened to TouhouBook? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 9:54 pm

Lunasa Moriya wrote:
Suika Ibara wrote:

xDDD

I think we should stay on something we all agree
and I like to do blogging, its not really different from facebook if you get used to it. But despite that, it's going to be a real tough challenge...
Back to top Go down
Geo Shota

Geo Shota

PostSubject: Re: What happened to TouhouBook?   What happened to TouhouBook? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 9:54 pm

Geo Stelar wrote:
My other suggestion is try a chan site someone I know has and maintains along with a friend 24/7.

Thing is: Their xat site is +18

Lunasa saw it the other day and didn't like it because of how people are OOC. So yeah. Like I said, I can put a large description when the appropiate place to do so is created.

Lunasa Moriya wrote:
Oh god no.
I know, I know. Sadly it's one of the options but there's the thing with sensible people. I would never force anyone to join a place they know they won't be comfortable.
Back to top Go down
Sanae.Kochiya

Sanae.Kochiya

PostSubject: Re: What happened to TouhouBook?   What happened to TouhouBook? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 10:13 pm

I saved my account on Facebook... She's safe now. But with everyone gone... I don't really see any point of going back, unless of course we want to rebuild.. Somehow...
Back to top Go down
Momo Inubashiri

Momo Inubashiri

PostSubject: Re: What happened to TouhouBook?   What happened to TouhouBook? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 10:26 pm

Sanae.Kochiya wrote:
I saved my account on Facebook... She's safe now. But with everyone gone... I don't really see any point of going back, unless of course we want to rebuild.. Somehow...
i wonder ...if they will do this again.. and if so how often
Back to top Go down
Karatekid1717
Karatekid1717

PostSubject: Re: What happened to TouhouBook?   What happened to TouhouBook? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 10:30 pm

Well, best to keep everything here. Here, since we control it, nobody can purge anything, and we don't have to worry about facebook's rules and regulations, we can set our own. Most roleplays are done on forums anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sanae.Kochiya

Sanae.Kochiya

PostSubject: Re: What happened to TouhouBook?   What happened to TouhouBook? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 10:31 pm

Momo Inubashiri wrote:
Sanae.Kochiya wrote:
i wonder ...if they will do this again.. and if so how often

Good point. :/ Kinda makes you wonder if going back is worth it.
Back to top Go down
Parcheese

Parcheese

PostSubject: Re: What happened to TouhouBook?   What happened to TouhouBook? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 11:27 pm

As much as I don't like saying it, it's probably going to be useless to go back. By the way it looks, the most active people I recognize throughout the community are beginning to flock to here, and as a result, this place will become the haven for everyone.

So, the surviving accounts on Facebook will be more of novelty things, I guess. I'm not going to like watching Parsee become useless like that.
Back to top Go down
Conqueror Invictus

Conqueror Invictus

PostSubject: Re: What happened to TouhouBook?   What happened to TouhouBook? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 1:32 am

I'll still be there but it's a shame so many are gone; in recent times, I've taken a liking to the Touhou crowd in spite of my unfamiliarity with teh series. Does anyone know if this purge was focused more on Touhous or if it was more indiscriminate?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/wardrone?sk=info
Geo Shota

Geo Shota

PostSubject: Re: What happened to TouhouBook?   What happened to TouhouBook? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 2:07 am

Conqueror Invictus wrote:
I'll still be there but it's a shame so many are gone; in recent times, I've taken a liking to the Touhou crowd in spite of my unfamiliarity with teh series. Does anyone know if this purge was focused more on Touhous or if it was more indiscriminate?
More indiscriminate.
Back to top Go down
Kazami Shintaro

Kazami Shintaro

PostSubject: Re: What happened to TouhouBook?   What happened to TouhouBook? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 2:18 am

Shin here, hello.

Well, prior to what SuiSui asked, I'm not internet literate enough to know about hosting sites. But I'll support any idea.

Anyplace will do, as long I can recover my families again.

So far to my research, THBook is the largest community in FB, and thus, make us a big target. and, our roleplay 'heat' is quite a flagged issue and not to mention many jelly people who reported deletions.

and a lot too in cases of roleplayer harassments/ RPrape/ RP-RL confuser.
Mostly them all are reported, and silently, little bit by bit, it drawn the noses of account disruptor' to kill the roleplay accounts.
:suspect:
Back to top Go down
http://cfoinforce.blogspot.com
Lurker605

Lurker605

PostSubject: Re: What happened to TouhouBook?   What happened to TouhouBook? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 2:28 am

I believe that the factors included photos, friend count, user activity, current profile picture and validity of personal information.
It just so happens that Touhous are the majority of the RP community and the fact that most of them are friends with each other made it easier to track them down. Touhou profiles also tend to have redundant information so yeah.

Few unlucky OCs and RP-RL hybrids also got took down.

I also took a quick scan through my friend list. I saw Vocaloid RPers with humongous friend counts that are still alive (for now?), weird isn't it?

tl;dr
Most of the people that were took down were Touhou RPers. (but I doubt that the facebook staff were aware of that fact so as long as they "remove" "fake profiles" is what matters to them)

Kazami Shintaro wrote:
Shin here, hello.

Well, prior to what SuiSui asked, I'm not internet literate enough to know about hosting sites. But I'll support any idea.

So far to my research, THBook is the largest community in FB, and thus, make us a big target. and, our roleplay 'heat' is quite a flagged issue and not to mention many jelly people who reported deletions.

Mostly them all are reported, and silently, little bit by bit, it drawn the noses of account disruptor' to kill the roleplay accounts.
true dat
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Moeholic/
Conqueror Invictus

Conqueror Invictus

PostSubject: Re: What happened to TouhouBook?   What happened to TouhouBook? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 3:26 am

Well, as bad as it was, in a way I think this is an opportunity to start anew and in a way improve on what we already had. Perhaps a bit harsh, but just as say, forest fires destroy and ravage, they also create space and new nutrients for new growth to occur. Maybe something good will arise from what has happened.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/wardrone?sk=info
Kazami Shintaro

Kazami Shintaro

PostSubject: Re: What happened to TouhouBook?   What happened to TouhouBook? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 3:35 am

Lurker605 wrote:
I believe that the factors included photos, friend count, user activity, current profile picture and validity of personal information.
It just so happens that Touhous are the majority of the RP community and the fact that most of them are friends with each other made it easier to track them down. Touhou profiles also tend to have redundant information so yeah.

Few unlucky OCs and RP-RL hybrids also got took down.

I also took a quick scan through my friend list. I saw Vocaloid RPers with humongous friend counts that are still alive (for now?), weird isn't it?

tl;dr
Most of the people that were took down were Touhou RPers. (but I doubt that the facebook staff were aware of that fact so as long as they "remove" "fake profiles" is what matters to them)

Kazami Shintaro wrote:
Shin here, hello.

true dat

Hmn, IKR? its too obvious. Something is too fishy.
Back to top Go down
Kazami Shintaro

Kazami Shintaro

PostSubject: Re: What happened to TouhouBook?   What happened to TouhouBook? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 3:52 am

What happened to TouhouBook? - Page 2 215961_214184845274038_100000475713670_809614_6318665_n
Back to top Go down
Lurker605

Lurker605

PostSubject: Re: What happened to TouhouBook?   What happened to TouhouBook? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 4:12 am

If you think about it. Facebook is so stupid.
I mean we all could have prepared for this incident and casualties could have been at minimum. Heck why not send out a warning first? Hell, why not even at least tell the so-called "violators" to update their information and fill it up with the proper ones? They can always give them a choice, update or gtfo.
If only they did so then people could have at least prepared and they could have avoided destroying the social lives of countless people.

Yeah, ranting about these kind of stuff in a place where the facebook staff will most likely not see won't change a thing. (and I doubt any would happen even if they do so)
But seriously facebook... I am disappoint.
Back to top Go down
Kana Anaberal

Kana Anaberal

PostSubject: Re: What happened to TouhouBook?   What happened to TouhouBook? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 6:44 am

I guess Facebook is jealous of ZUN's success so he took so many Touhou RP accounts down.

I wasn't really affected but my great friends were so Mad
Facebook was always a bit stupid except they crossed the line this time, if we find a different social network we can still face the problem of getting banned....
Let's wait and see what Facebook does next, maybe they will give back the accounts they bannned?
Although I do doubt that since they are a FAIL.

Last edited by Kana Anaberal on Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kazami Shintaro

Kazami Shintaro

PostSubject: Re: What happened to TouhouBook?   What happened to TouhouBook? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 7:06 am

Kana Anaberal wrote:
I guess Facebook is healous of ZUN's success so he took so many Touhou RP accounts down.

Facebook was always a bit stupid except they crossed the line this time, if we find a different social network we can still face the problem of getting banned....
Let's wait and see what Facebook does next, maybe they will give back the accounts they bannned?

Supporting this quote.

They shouldnt just raped out the accounts like that. Maybe they did these things for what? Server cleanup? but thus, the Failbook chat, and fail everything still is same Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down
Mystic Square Margatroid

Mystic Square Margatroid

PostSubject: Good to be back! :D And now serious.   What happened to TouhouBook? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 7:59 am

Well, from what i can gather ( if anyone's interested ), Failbook system ( hence, the idiots who deleted us ) are being an Effin' Fail Jerkoff to Touhou roleplayers.

I checked other roleplayers, and it seems that only - ONLY. ONLY. DA FAK!? - roleplayers who got deleted were us Touhou doods.

Seriously, why only us? I'm seriously wondering about that... And no, there's no connection to Erin and whatnot; Effin' Failbook deleted us BECAUSE we're Touhou roleplayers.
Back to top Go down
Kazami Shintaro

Kazami Shintaro

PostSubject: Re: What happened to TouhouBook?   What happened to TouhouBook? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 8:03 am

Patchouli Knowledge wrote:
Well, from what i can gather ( if anyone's interested ), Failbook system ( hence, the idiots who deleted us ) are being an Effin' Fail Jerkoff to Touhou roleplayers.

I checked other roleplayers, and it seems that only - ONLY. ONLY. DA FAK!? - roleplayers who got deleted were us Touhou doods.

Seriously, why only us? I'm seriously wondering about that... And no, there's no connection to Erin and whatnot; Effin' Failbook deleted us BECAUSE we're Touhou roleplayers.

Another person sees such awful truth. Whats the grudge against us..? -sighs-
Back to top Go down
Kana Anaberal

Kana Anaberal

PostSubject: Re: What happened to TouhouBook?   What happened to TouhouBook? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 11:58 am

Kazami Shintaro wrote:
Kana Anaberal wrote:
I guess Facebook is jealous of ZUN's success so he took so many Touhou RP accounts down.

Supporting this quote.

They shouldnt just raped out the accounts like that. Maybe they did these things for what? Server cleanup? but thus, the Failbook chat, and fail everything still is same Evil or Very Mad

If server cleanup means to delete accounts of loyal Failbook Touhou roleplayers then it probably was a server clean up. Evil or Very Mad
The whole thing just seems to tell us that Failbook social networking sites are awful.
Back to top Go down
Sakuya_Brando

Sakuya_Brando

PostSubject: Re: What happened to TouhouBook?   What happened to TouhouBook? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 3:59 pm

Mark Zuckerburg
Having two identities for yourself is an example of a lack of integrity....
March 26 at 2:14am
Back to top Go down
Geo Shota

Geo Shota

PostSubject: Re: What happened to TouhouBook?   What happened to TouhouBook? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 4:16 pm

Sakuya_Brando wrote:
Mark Zuckerburg
Having two identities for yourself is an example of a lack of integrity....
March 26 at 2:14am
I only see it as Hurr Durr
Back to top Go down
Lurker605

Lurker605

PostSubject: Re: What happened to TouhouBook?   What happened to TouhouBook? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 9:26 pm

Anyone feels like starting a reconnection thread of some sort?
I've seen a lot of people starting over again at facebook so... yeah...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What happened to TouhouBook?   What happened to TouhouBook? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What happened to TouhouBook?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lunasa's Imperfect Touhou Forum :: General Chat (Out of RP) :: Serious BSNSS :: The Failbook Disaster-
Jump to: