Lunasa's Imperfect Touhou Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bigger, better, open to all Touhou roleplayers -- it's not perfect, but it's our Touhou forum. Join, introduce yourself, and start a RP -- Gensokyo's waiting. :)

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ask Bass + Monthly Google Analytics Reports

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Bass
Admin
Bass

Ask Bass + Monthly Google Analytics Reports Empty
PostSubject: Ask Bass + Monthly Google Analytics Reports   Ask Bass + Monthly Google Analytics Reports Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 12:33 pm

Hey, Bass here. Resident web dev, and the guy in charge of Analytics for the forums. Feel free to post queries about the technical details of the site.

While I'm here, I suppose I'd post monthly Analytic reports here, all prepped and formatted into PDF booklets.

April 4, 2011 - May 4, 2011
Google Analytics Report 040411 - 040511
Back to top Go down
Showa Kitashirakawa

Showa Kitashirakawa

PostSubject: Re: Ask Bass + Monthly Google Analytics Reports   Ask Bass + Monthly Google Analytics Reports Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 5:35 pm

Oi, could you make Nintendo give me my Jolteon already? I am NOT doing that game a fourth time.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001892989297
Bass
Admin
Bass

PostSubject: Re: Ask Bass + Monthly Google Analytics Reports   Ask Bass + Monthly Google Analytics Reports Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 10:28 pm

Apologies, but I have no affiliations with Nintendo.
Back to top Go down
Jade

Jade

PostSubject: Re: Ask Bass + Monthly Google Analytics Reports   Ask Bass + Monthly Google Analytics Reports Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 10:32 pm

Out of curiosity, would you know of any way to make the chat notify people of new messages in some way? Like a sound or flashing a message saying "new messsage" or something?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheChenSaw
Bass
Admin
Bass

PostSubject: Re: Ask Bass + Monthly Google Analytics Reports   Ask Bass + Monthly Google Analytics Reports Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 10:35 pm

I'm sorry, but the chatbox is rather blackboxed; I can't edit stuff aside from enabling/disabling the chatbox and where it's positioned.
Back to top Go down
Jade

Jade

PostSubject: Re: Ask Bass + Monthly Google Analytics Reports   Ask Bass + Monthly Google Analytics Reports Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 10:48 pm

Damn. And I guess it's impossible to add our own. Eh, alright, thanks.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheChenSaw
Karatekid1717
Karatekid1717

PostSubject: Re: Ask Bass + Monthly Google Analytics Reports   Ask Bass + Monthly Google Analytics Reports Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 8:24 am

Showa Kitashirakawa wrote:
Oi, could you make Nintendo give me my Jolteon already? I am NOT doing that game a fourth time.

Showa, this would technically be spamming, so for next time, please make sure to keep your posts relevant to their topics, and this isn't really the place for joke posts. The games forum would've been a better place to ask your question anyway.
Also, you won't get that Jolteon until the Dream World has an event. Though, enough on that, I don't want this thread to be de-railed.

Anyway, a question for Basil/Bass. Do you happen to know if you can edit the software this part of the board uses? If you can, then we could change the CSS and make this place much more customizable.
Back to top Go down
Bass
Admin
Bass

PostSubject: Re: Ask Bass + Monthly Google Analytics Reports   Ask Bass + Monthly Google Analytics Reports Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 10:06 am

Yes, we could actually change the CSS using the Administration Panel. There's actually two ways to do it, either using the designer or modifying the actual CSS file itself.

As for editing the actual site content, there are limits to what we can modify. Most of the thing is blackboxed (we can't edit it directly), and the interface offers a few limited options regarding content.
Back to top Go down
Karatekid1717
Karatekid1717

PostSubject: Re: Ask Bass + Monthly Google Analytics Reports   Ask Bass + Monthly Google Analytics Reports Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 10:17 am

Bass wrote:
Yes, we could actually change the CSS using the Administration Panel. There's actually two ways to do it, either using the designer or modifying the actual CSS file itself.

As for editing the actual site content, there are limits to what we can modify. Most of the thing is blackboxed (we can't edit it directly), and the interface offers a few limited options regarding content.

A cool thing to do would be to allow CSS or HTML post layouts. We just needs signatures to be HTML enabled, and post headers added, along with them having HTML enabled as well. It'll allow for cool custom post layouts/designs.
Back to top Go down
Bass
Admin
Bass

PostSubject: Re: Ask Bass + Monthly Google Analytics Reports   Ask Bass + Monthly Google Analytics Reports Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 11:42 am

HTML TEST

^ is a header.

TEST
I enabled HTML on posts.             If this table renders correctly, it should work.

As for HTML on sigs, I'll take a look at that.
Back to top Go down
Bass
Admin
Bass

PostSubject: Re: Ask Bass + Monthly Google Analytics Reports   Ask Bass + Monthly Google Analytics Reports Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 8:02 pm

Almost did forget this.

May 4, 2011 - June 4, 2011
Google Analytics Report 040511 - 040611

Seeing an average of three new visitors per day, and an average of about 30 returning visits. That means there's still something that attracts new people to the site, though the apparent lack of activity might have posed some problems in getting them to sign up.
Back to top Go down
Showa Kitashirakawa

Showa Kitashirakawa

PostSubject: Re: Ask Bass + Monthly Google Analytics Reports   Ask Bass + Monthly Google Analytics Reports Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 1:43 pm

Dood, when is the Colosseum opening? I want to hack and slash in danmaku, dood!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001892989297
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ask Bass + Monthly Google Analytics Reports   Ask Bass + Monthly Google Analytics Reports Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ask Bass + Monthly Google Analytics Reports
Page 1 of 1