Lunasa's Imperfect Touhou Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bigger, better, open to all Touhou roleplayers -- it's not perfect, but it's our Touhou forum. Join, introduce yourself, and start a RP -- Gensokyo's waiting. :)

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pokemon Series

Go down 
+4
Showa Kitashirakawa
Karatekid1717
Jade
Rumia Dark
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rumia Dark

Rumia Dark

Pokemon Series Empty
PostSubject: Pokemon Series   Pokemon Series Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 10:32 am

Pokemon is awesome. If you disagree... Well, I'll be upset, but I'll leave you to your own opinion. I could see this being a place to post some of your pokemon teams for rating, or maybe individual pokemon. For example, mt Tentacruel.

Tentacruel
Ability- Liquid Ooze
Calm Nature (+Sp.Defense, -Attack)
Item-Leftovers
EVs- 188 Sp.Defense, 188 Defense, 128 HP
Toxic Spikes
Hex
Confuse Ray
Surf

A basic bulky Tentacruel with a twist. Surf is stab. Toxic Spikes are an excellent entry hazard. Confuse Ray is a good way to force a switch, and it's easy to get off with Tentacruel's above average speed. Hex is a base 100 damage move if the opponent has a status effect, so with toxic spikes out, it will regularly be doing that. Liquid Ooze is used here so you can counter Sub-Seeders and Drain Punch Conkledur.
Back to top Go down
Jade

Jade

Pokemon Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Series   Pokemon Series Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 2:30 pm

I would love to post my team, but not only is it still in development, I don't pay much attention to strategy or anything like that, so I feel kinda embarrassed having it judged ^^;;
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheChenSaw
Rumia Dark

Rumia Dark

Pokemon Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Series   Pokemon Series Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 2:34 pm

Don't be embarrassed to post it! If no one critiques it, you'll never be able to get better. And I'll gladly give positive help, I've been part of the battling scene for a long time, so I'll help in anyway I can!
Back to top Go down
Jade

Jade

Pokemon Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Series   Pokemon Series Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 2:35 pm

I'll think about it then. Lemme continue building it up first, though. But yea, I like to just go with whatever looks shiny and fun, rather than what will win. Not that I don't put a little strategy in their attacks and stuff.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheChenSaw
Rumia Dark

Rumia Dark

Pokemon Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Series   Pokemon Series Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 2:39 pm

And that's perfectly fine. Fun teams are better than teams that win. Like I said, I'll help you in anyway I can!
Back to top Go down
Karatekid1717
Karatekid1717

Pokemon Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Series   Pokemon Series Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 4:54 pm

Awesome! Thank you for making this! Anyway, like Jacob's, my team is under development as well, though, I'll post some of my Drifblim's info.

Drifblim:

Current Level: 48
Ability: Aftermath
Item: None (will be giving it a berry)
Moves:

Hypnosis
Acrobatics
Thunder
Shadow Ball
Back to top Go down
Rumia Dark

Rumia Dark

Pokemon Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Series   Pokemon Series Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 6:18 pm

Karatekid1717 wrote:
Awesome! Thank you for making this! Anyway, like Jacob's, my team is under development as well, though, I'll post some of my Drifblim's info.

Drifblim:

Current Level: 48
Ability: Aftermath
Item: None (will be giving it a berry)
Moves:

Hypnosis
Acrobatics
Thunder
Shadow Ball

Hmm... I assume this is an in-game? It's probably not bred I assume. If you're running Acrobatics and a berry, Unburden is a better ability. You'll get a stat boost from the berry, and a speed boost from Unburden. Thunder is inaccurate and only useful in rain. Hypnosis is nice but... eh, it's accuracy got nerfed in Black and White. Speaking of, is this Drifblim for BW or DPP?
Back to top Go down
Karatekid1717
Karatekid1717

Pokemon Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Series   Pokemon Series Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 7:20 pm

This Drifblim is for Black/White, and it is bred (I haven't posted the stats yet). The berry is to improve Acrobatics' power after it is eaten, as the power doubles when a held item is lost. Thunder is for dealing with Water types in case my grass type faints beforehand, and hypnosis is inaccurate, but it's only in case Drifblim needs it, as this Drifblim does have a good speed stat. Plus, it has rather bad Physical defense, so having Aftermath helps.
Back to top Go down
Rumia Dark

Rumia Dark

Pokemon Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Series   Pokemon Series Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 8:58 pm

Having a good speed stat is great, but you can never have enough speed. Let's say you have 100 speed and the opponent has 125. You eat your berry giving, say, +1 Attack. Unburdon activates giving you +1 Speed too. So now you have a better attack and 150 speed. You now out run the enemy. Or your berry gives you a +1 speed and then unburden. Now you have +2, the equivalent of an Agility. So now you have 200 speed. Aftermath is a good ability, but even with a low defence, Drifblim's large health stat compensates for it, just like Blissey. And Drifblim has immunities to 3 majorly physical types anyway; Normal, Fighting, and Ground.
Back to top Go down
Rumia Dark

Rumia Dark

Pokemon Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Series   Pokemon Series Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 1:44 pm

S-Sorry if that came off as know-it-ally ^^;
Back to top Go down
Showa Kitashirakawa

Showa Kitashirakawa

Pokemon Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Series   Pokemon Series Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 10:18 am

Well, I have a Crustle with 31 Speed IVs!

Crustette (F)
Caught in: Ultra Ball
Lv.47
3/21/2011
Route 18
Met at Lv35.
Bold Nature
Alert to sounds.

Dex No.: 558
Name: Crustle
Type: Bug/Rock
OT: Lester
ID No.: 25339
Ability: Sturdy
Item: Lucky Egg
Exp.: 109594
Next: 998

HP IV: 2-4
Atk IV: 18-20
Def IV: 13-15
Sp.A IV: 16, 18
Sp.D IV: 1
Spd IV: 31
EVs: Unknown; Never kept track.

HP: 125
Atk: 98
Def: 143
Sp.A: 79
Sp.D: 75
Spd: 75

Shell Smash [NRM] PP 15/15
Stone Edge [RCK] PP 5/5
Aerial Ace [FLY] PP 20/20
X-Scissor [BUG] PP 15/15

Notes: Has had Pokerus; Was caught holding a Rare Bone.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001892989297
Rumia Dark

Rumia Dark

Pokemon Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Series   Pokemon Series Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 12:21 pm

Uh... uh... not trying to sound mean but... it's kinda crappy. Speed on a Crustle is nice, but it's naturally slow anyway. You can breed it with a ditto while it's holding a Power Anklet if you want. That way the kid will keep the speed IV.
Back to top Go down
Karatekid1717
Karatekid1717

Pokemon Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Series   Pokemon Series Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 1:36 pm

Rumia Dark wrote:
Aftermath is a good ability, but even with a low defence, Drifblim's large health stat compensates for it, just like Blissey. And Drifblim has immunities to 3 majorly physical types anyway; Normal, Fighting, and Ground.

The reason why I still want to build a high defense stat, even with HP, is because of physical attacks that are super effective to it, such as Shadow Claw or Ice Punch. Though, Drifblim's base stats in both Defense and Special Defense are rather low compared to it's other stats anyway.
Back to top Go down
Rumia Dark

Rumia Dark

Pokemon Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Series   Pokemon Series Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 6:36 pm

Karatekid1717 wrote:
The reason why I still want to build a high defense stat, even with HP, is because of physical attacks that are super effective to it, such as Shadow Claw or Ice Punch. Though, Drifblim's base stats in both Defense and Special Defense are rather low compared to it's other stats anyway.

Its Sp.Defence is low? That's odd. I remember it having a fairly good Base Sp.Defence. But either way, it's up to you. Personally I'd run Unburden, but Aftermath is just as usable.
Back to top Go down
Showa Kitashirakawa

Showa Kitashirakawa

Pokemon Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Series   Pokemon Series Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 7:52 am

But...But Crustette is the most win Crustle alive!
Back to top Go down
Rumia Dark

Rumia Dark

Pokemon Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Series   Pokemon Series Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 7:59 am

Then use it anyway, I'm not forcing you to do anything :3
Back to top Go down
Showa Kitashirakawa

Showa Kitashirakawa

Pokemon Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Series   Pokemon Series Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 8:30 am

Rumia Dark wrote:
Then use it anyway, I'm not forcing you to do anything :3

Power to the Crustle!
Back to top Go down
Morino Taiga
Admin
Morino Taiga

Pokemon Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Series   Pokemon Series Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 10:26 am

Well, my team isn't complete yet, but I think I've got the ones I want to be there down, at least... lesse!

Banette (Still have to decide on a role for her. She relies mostly in Shadow Ball and Sucker Punch as for now)
Whimsicott (Speedy harmthef*ckup-er, with stun spore, leech seed and giga drain :3 )
Darmanitan (Flare Drive for hard times, Fire Punch for normal sweeping, has Belly Drum just in case I can pull that out)
Meinshao (Awesome attack, high speed, main physical sweeper, has Drain Punch)
Gothitelle (Good special attack and better special defense, sweeps with psychic but its mains are Fake Tears and Telekinesis)
Galvantula (I didn't know if I should use this one or Eelektross, but this has double type coverage so I'm keeping it anyways)

Well, that's how it's going as for now <:3
Back to top Go down
http://m-volcan.deviantart.com
Showa Kitashirakawa

Showa Kitashirakawa

Pokemon Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Series   Pokemon Series Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 10:31 am

Morino Taiga wrote:
Well, my team isn't complete yet, but I think I've got the ones I want to be there down, at least... lesse!

Banette (Still have to decide on a role for her. She relies mostly in Shadow Ball and Sucker Punch as for now)
Whimsicott (Speedy harmthef*ckup-er, with stun spore, leech seed and giga drain :3 )
Darmanitan (Flare Drive for hard times, Fire Punch for normal sweeping, has Belly Drum just in case I can pull that out)
Meinshao (Awesome attack, high speed, main physical sweeper, has Drain Punch)
Gothitelle (Good special attack and better special defense, sweeps with psychic but its mains are Fake Tears and Telekinesis)
Galvantula (I didn't know if I should use this one or Eelektross, but this has double type coverage so I'm keeping it anyways)

Well, that's how it's going as for now <:3

...Zen Mode or not?
Back to top Go down
Morino Taiga
Admin
Morino Taiga

Pokemon Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Series   Pokemon Series Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 4:02 pm

Showa Kitashirakawa wrote:
...Zen Mode or not?

Ah, no Zen Mode. Sheer Force adds even more attack power~! :3
Back to top Go down
http://m-volcan.deviantart.com
Karatekid1717
Karatekid1717

Pokemon Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Series   Pokemon Series Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 8:36 pm

Rumia Dark wrote:
Karatekid1717 wrote:

Its Sp.Defence is low? That's odd. I remember it having a fairly good Base Sp.Defence. But either way, it's up to you. Personally I'd run Unburden, but Aftermath is just as usable.

Well, mines' is in the 90s right now, but it's base special defense is 54, which is only 10 above defense. Still, the good HP will make up for it.

Also, I was trying to hatch a good Oddish for battling later (which will, of course, end up as either Vileplume or Bellossom), and I ended up getting 4 Oddishes with a 31 IV in one of their stats. Unfortunately, 3 of them had that IV in Attack, which isn't very useful for them, though, one of them is male, so I'm giving it to a friend who's going to use it to breed the stat down to a Lotad for a good Ludicolo.
Back to top Go down
Rumia Dark

Rumia Dark

Pokemon Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Series   Pokemon Series Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 9:12 pm

Karatekid1717 wrote:
Rumia Dark wrote:
Karatekid1717 wrote:

Well, mines' is in the 90s right now, but it's base special defense is 54, which is only 10 above defense. Still, the good HP will make up for it.

Also, I was trying to hatch a good Oddish for battling later (which will, of course, end up as either Vileplume or Bellossom), and I ended up getting 4 Oddishes with a 31 IV in one of their stats. Unfortunately, 3 of them had that IV in Attack, which isn't very useful for them, though, one of them is male, so I'm giving it to a friend who's going to use it to breed the stat down to a Lotad for a good Ludicolo.

Ah, I see :3
Back to top Go down
Karatekid1717
Karatekid1717

Pokemon Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Series   Pokemon Series Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 8:07 am

Well, I got a new Oddish, Relatively Superior all around and a 31 IV in Special Attack. Also, It has a Timid nature which increases speed and decreases attack (the latter Oddish rarely uses so the nature doesn't hinder the Oddish).
Back to top Go down
Rumia Dark

Rumia Dark

Pokemon Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Series   Pokemon Series Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 8:12 pm

Karatekid1717 wrote:
Well, I got a new Oddish, Relatively Superior all around and a 31 IV in Special Attack. Also, It has a Timid nature which increases speed and decreases attack (the latter Oddish rarely uses so the nature doesn't hinder the Oddish).

Mmm. I say Bellossom. Pure grass is far better than Grass Poison IMO. No ground and psychic weakness.
Back to top Go down
Kyouko Kasodani

Kyouko Kasodani

Pokemon Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Series   Pokemon Series Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 2:03 pm

Audino
Leavanny
Galvantula
Accelgor
Escavalier
Volcarona

The team I'm training now. I'm going to make another party after consiting of:

Galvantula
Wailord
Stoutland
Scrafty
Golurk